Antique Furniture/Chairs

Question
Chair
Chair  

Back
Back  
I was recently given 5 of these chairs and am trying to find out more information on them so I know how to proceed refinishing them.  The front legs used to have wheels and unfortunately all the wheels are gone.  Am at a loss as to what kind of wood/s they are made of.  I do know they came from Pennsylvania and was also told they were made somewhere around 1900.  Sadly one of the back center pieces has a piece broke off.  Any information you may be able to give me on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Answer
Hi Tracy,

Your Chippendale style chairs are made of Mahogany and are difficult to tell the exact age
without handling them. The value or range for this chair would be $50. to $75. each.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III