Antique Furniture/Chairs

I was recently given 5 of these chairs and am trying to find out more information on them so I know how to proceed refinishing them.  The front legs used to have wheels and unfortunately all the wheels are gone.  Am at a loss as to what kind of wood/s they are made of.  I do know they came from Pennsylvania and was also told they were made somewhere around 1900.  Sadly one of the back center pieces has a piece broke off.  Any information you may be able to give me on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hi Tracy,

Your Chippendale style chairs are made of Mahogany and are difficult to tell the exact age
without handling them. The value or range for this chair would be $50. to $75. each.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.