Antique Furniture/Jacobean style table?

Question
Tabletop
Tabletop  

Tableside
Tableside  
I'm curious about this table I picked up a few years ago. I can't find anything exactly like it. It's tagged underneath with the St. John's Gables, Cadillac, MI tag. I've not been able to identify the type of wood that is on the top either. Any information as to age, wood, and value would be helpful! Thank you so much!

Mona L.

Answer
it has a bit of jacobean design on the apron but we call this colonial revival.  it is a sofa table from the 1920s.

the top looks like ribbon stripe but i need you to use the followup function and post a good clear close of the wood grain about a foot square section for me.

legs and apron is probably sweet gum wood.  someone has refinished the top.

Antique Furniture

robert klein