Antique Furniture/Jacobean style table?

I'm curious about this table I picked up a few years ago. I can't find anything exactly like it. It's tagged underneath with the St. John's Gables, Cadillac, MI tag. I've not been able to identify the type of wood that is on the top either. Any information as to age, wood, and value would be helpful! Thank you so much!

Mona L.

it has a bit of jacobean design on the apron but we call this colonial revival.  it is a sofa table from the 1920s.

the top looks like ribbon stripe but i need you to use the followup function and post a good clear close of the wood grain about a foot square section for me.

legs and apron is probably sweet gum wood.  someone has refinished the top.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.