Antique Furniture/Kittinger 201 Buffet/Sideboard

buffet second view
buffet second view  
Hello, I just purchased a buffet/sideboard and was interested in discovering the history and current value of it.  The manufacturer is Kittinger, as shown on a brass plate inside one of the drawers.  The brass plate also shows 201-LGT-EXEC and Richmond, VA.  The piece has a center top drawer with velvet bottom and removable partitions. The finish seems to be in overall good condition, however there are scratches on the bottoms of the front legs and a few very light marks here and there.  Can you help with any information on it?  I am not familiar with this line and am just curious.  Thank you so much.

Hi Stacy,

While your sideboard might have a Kittinger label it was actuality made in the Biggs
furniture factory in Richmond, Va.  The Kittinger company purchased the Biggs
furniture company in 1975 which tells you that your piece was made, post 1975.

Today, most knowledgeable buyers are in search of Kittinger pieces that were
produced in their Buffalo, New York facility. As far as value your sideboard has
a value of $275. to 375. making it a excellent value for the money in today's world
of imported furniture.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.