Antique Furniture/Kittinger CW1 Secretary Desk

Question
Drawer Seal
Drawer Seal  

Front View
Front View  
Good day Mr. Harrison,
I've read in your previous reviews about the Kittinger Colonial Williamsburg CW1 Secretary Desk about approximating values.  I fully understand your position given the thousand varieties of original finish, refinishes done to specification, etc, even when pictures are included.
I have this desk (as shown in attached pictures)and am interested in selling it; however, I'm unsure of how to contact Antique Dealers that would be interested and How to get an estimate of its worth.  I see the values can vary from $450 - $5,000.
I've visited three websites that feature this Desk...two have noted it as Highly sought after and the third said they were made for decades, estimating less than $1,000.  Very confusing.

Can you offer me any advice on how to proceed please?
Sincerely,
Dan

Answer
Hi Dan,

Let me start by saying the CW1 Secretary was manufactured from 1937 to 1990.
That is a long production run for a single piece of furniture. It also is
an indication that there are more than enough available for sale.

As for a selling price, it would depend on how soon you wish to sell the
secretary. Going back in time everyone had to have a secretary displayed
in their living room but that is not the case today. I currently have one
in my inventory so I certainly do not need two.

I feel if you can find a dealer to pay you over $1,000. you will be OK.
For a higher return you will need to sell privately or do what many sellers
do and give eBay a try. Your other option is to consign the
piece to a local antique shop.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III