Antique Furniture/Kittinger Desk

Hello Mr. Harrison,

This Kittinger desk is my fathers, was his as a child and it was purchased new by my grandmother along with several other Kittinger pieces. I also remember it from my childhood when I spent several summers with her at her summer lake home. It's one of several pieces of furniture my father wants to free of, both Kittinger and others, and while it has sentimental value to me, I can't fit into my condo.

I would like to try and ballpark the value to make sure I don't significantly underprice it.  My family has a very interesting history that includes a period of much wealth of the mansion with bedrooms that numbered in the double digits and multiple servants type. The wealth was lost when my father was very young, and about the time this desk was purchased. Afterwards, my grandmother tried to carry on with some simile to those glory days. Therefore, these pieces of furniture could be high value from the good days or much more moderate from afterwards.

The condition I would consider as so-so. There is some places where trim the trim as fallen off as well as some flaking of the veneer, many of pieces I still have but other's have been lost. I also believe that my grandfather, or someone else, modified it as I mm very sure was done to several of the other pieces. In this case I think the lower legs have been added to increase the height and are not original.

I've attached a frontal photo and uploaded a bunch more at in my dropbox at

I've done some research online and am moderately confident that this piece is not of great value. But I would like to make sure and at the same time if possible, I like to get an idea of how much to ask for it.

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for your detailed description and photo's of your desk.

The desk is typical of what the Kittinger Co. was producing back in the 1920's.
It is not a piece most buyers of Kittinger furniture are looking for these days.

I feel that the desk has a value of $250. to $300.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.