Antique Furniture/Vanity

Question
Vanity 1
Vanity 1  

Vanity 2
Vanity 2  
Came across this Vanity would like information on type wood , style and any value. Has makers mark of Widdicomb Furniture Co, Grand Rapids, Mi. and date August 1930. Thank you for your help and education.

Answer
the surfaces are veneer, looks like mahogany veneer seeing the ribbon stripe on the one panel facing the camera.  Often birch was used in place of mahogany then stained to the cordovan mahogany you see.  i would need a much closer picture to see the wood grain on the top, close and clear and if you submit it please use the followup function.

style is a mix of styles, empire influence and colonial revival.  the company did quality pieces.

if it were in good condition or restored it would sell at 750-950 but as it is now it would sell at 175-200 at the most.

Hope this helps.  It is worth saving and restoring as it is a quality piece in a super style with the long mirror in the center and the movable mirrors at the sides.

Antique Furniture

robert klein