Antique Furniture/Advice please

Great chair
Great chair  
Hello, this piece was handed down to me from my father. I'm wondering where, who, what, when this might be.  It is such a great chair I have had it for so long and it is so cool.  

Much appreciated...

called a Savonarola chair made around 1890-1900.  as to who made it there were about 5000 factories in operation so without a label there is no way anyone can tell you which manufactured this one.

did someone put fabric on the seat, cant tell what is going on there?  and the picture is too distant to tell you the wood.

you can use the followup function and repost close picture so i can see the wood grain.

retail as is about 350, restored properly 6-700$ in a store.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.