Antique Furniture/Duncan Phyfe table

Question
Table
Table  
Table
Table  
QUESTION: Hi there,  I acquired this piece today at an estate sale.  Can you tell me if it is a true Duncan Phyfe and possibly what era and value?

From what I can find, I believe it to be an antique mahogany  drum book shelf table with leather inlay.  I have never seen one of these before where the table rotates.  I love it.

ANSWER: Great table.  

this one is not too early ( true DF was in early 1800s era)and not really duncan phyfe, it has design elements of several schools DF being one.

it is 1940-50s.
in a store it would sell at 250-300 easily as a revolving endtable.

you will have to use the followup function and post a clear close picture so i can see the wood grain.

thanks, these are great tables no matter the age.

Underside1
Underside1  

Underside2
Underside2  
QUESTION: Hi there,  attached are 2 pictures of the underside of the table so you can see the grain as you requested. There is a number written on the bottom which I have no idea what it means.  Can this be a table made from Weiman if not a Duncan Phyfe?  Thank you very much for all your help, I appreciate any information you can give me.

Answer
thanks for the pictures.  because these tables are veneered, the wood showing on the bottom will not be the same at the top but that is ok.

This is definitely not DF period but has elements of DF, sheraton, hepplewhite, as does most stylish modern furniture.

Weiman marked their items, one of the few companies that did.

The numbers usually had to do with part or inventory number.  we see this on much furniture.

thanks

Antique Furniture

robert klein