Antique Furniture/ID of chair

Question
chair
chair  

chair
chair  
Robert;
Have had this chair in the family for many years,would like to know what year it was made and also what it is called.
there is a small partial round label on bottom that reads Michigan chair  co. Grand Rapids mich,also do not know what type of wood this is. thank you for any info you might have.  George

Answer
wood is birch and figured birch originally stained to a mahogany color with a water based dye.
from around 1900.

face is often called old man winter or north wind face.

as it sits it would sell around 100 at auction but restored in a retail store about 600$-750.

thanks

http://www.furniturecityhistory.org/company/3713/michigan-chair-co  

Antique Furniture

robert klein