Antique Furniture/small table

Question
top of the table
top of the table  

front
front  
Hello,
I was given this table from a friend, she said it supposedly came from a small hotel in Georgia that her husbands mother worked at.  I dont know what kind of top it had but the two small wood pieces make me think it has a folding top.  any info on age & the kind of top i need to try and find for it would be great.  Also an estimated value if you can.

Thanks

Joe

Answer
You wont find a top but you can make one.  what you have was a drop side two drawer stand or work table.  made around 1840-50.

the top would have been one board wide, not joined.  the drop sides also one board wade each with iron hinges like a drop leaf table.

there is little monetary value as it is not all there but if you can do it up right it would sell at about 150-200.  all depends on how it is done and that cannot be explained in writing but you would have to find ones in shops htat are intact and go from there.

thanks

Antique Furniture

robert klein