Antique Furniture/Temple Stuart Maple Hutch

Hello, I am thinking about selling this Temple Stuart Maple Hutch, but have no idea what to ask for a price. What would be a good asking price for something like this?  Around what time period was this made? Would it be better to sell on my own or try to sell to an antique shop?
Thanks for your time.

Hi Kate,

Your Temple Stuart Maple Hutch appears to have been made in the 1950's.
Depending what part of the country you live in, an average asking
price of $250. to $295. would be realistic based on its condition.
If you can find a local resale shop to sell it in would be best for

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.