Antique Furniture/Antique Furniture value

Question
Vanity
Vanity  

Chest
Chest  
We have a 4 piece bedroom set (Chest, Vanity, Headboard, Footboard) from my grandparents and would like to know the value of it. I've seen similar furniture pieces that are dated in the 1920's. I'm unable to locate a name or any identifying mark so they are not expensive pieces. All hardware is original with none missing. It was white with pink scroll lines in my childhood but was refinished. Can you tell what kind of wood it is? Can you confirm the 1920's era? Can you put a value on the set, or each piece?

Answer
These are typical of what we call colonial revival and it is from the 1920s.

the vanity would sell at 400 in a store, the chest about 275.
without seeing the other pieces I cannot say with certainty but beds usually run about 375.  so around 1000 for a set.  do you have a stool for the vanity?

The wood for these is usually sweet gum and/or tulip poplar.  Originally they were usually stained a walnut color.

thanks

hope this helps  

Antique Furniture

robert klein