Antique Furniture/Bertaud Chair Followup

Question
Back Leg
Back Leg  

Back of Top Decoration
Back of Top Decoration  
I am sending two more pictures of the wood on my chair, hoping that you can identify what it is.  
Just as a side note, I did a little research, and there were two Bertaud brothers who had sugar cane plantations in the mid 1800s, along the Mississippi River in St James Parish.  Could be the chair is from one of their homes.
Thank you again for your time and help.

Answer
I will need more pics, sorry but i cannot see these well enough.
I am just stuck on walnut or rosewood as i would suspect hese would be made.  Sometimes mahogany but usually that would have been more of the Empire style or transitional period from Empire to Victorian.  Mid 1800s would be accurate.

please use the followup function so all will be together

do the picture of the flat inside part of the front leg, thanks

thanks.

use back light or a flash on a larger flat surface.  first picture looks like cherry but cant really tell  

Antique Furniture

robert klein