Antique Furniture/More info on chairs

Question
I call it 5 chairs
I call it 5 chairs  

2 chairs with seat
2 chairs with seat  
In reply to my question of yesterday you asked me to send you better pictures of the chairs and group them so that you can see how many there are. I am attaching several picture which I hope will be a better help to you.

Answer
I dont have access to the previous question but I do remember that you wanted to know age, and purpose or type of chair, value perhaps....

Cannot tell you the manufacturer since there were about 5000 in operation in the 1880-1890 period when these were made and many companies did, actually most did not attach labels to the furniture.

They were sold as dining chairs and were made to have a hand woven cane seat as you can see in the top photo far right chair seat.  These sets were also made with the drilled wooden seat shown on the others.  Whether or not these were with can or the wood I can tell, no one can without eyes on inspection to see if there is any indication of the old cane marks.  Either way these would sell in a shop at 75-100 each in good condition.

These come from the factory stained like walnut but the woods are usually a combination of woods, cherry, sweet gum, birch and other wood lot white woods.

hope this helps

thanks

Antique Furniture

robert klein