Antique Furniture/Manufacturer and details about 10 piece set

all 6 chairs
all 6 chairs  

A table
A table  
Hi. I inherited this 10 piece set. The only thing I know is that it was bought at an estate sale around 1980. I haven't located any labels or writing.

There are 6 chairs (one captains) 1 double pedestal table with two leafs and table pads, one china cab, one large sideboard, and one smaller sideboard.

I'd like to know the manufacturer, wood, age; anything you can tell us.
Thank You!!

Hi Bill,

Your dining room set was most likely made in the 1940's.  They are a lower grade
factory machined set made of mahogany. Since they are of mass produced quality it
is not possible to come up with a manufacturers name.

As for value, the chairs value would be $25. to $30. each, dining table $225. to $275.
China Cabinet $225. to $275. Sideboard large  $225. to $250. and the smaller sideboard
which is not pictured $200. to $225.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.