Antique Furniture/antique sofa

couch front view
couch front view  

couch from back
couch from back  
I was wondering if you know from what period this sofa is from and what it's value might be. My mother bought the sofa from an antique furniture store around 1964. The cushions are feather and kapok filled. My mother had the cushions recovered in the 70s. The sofa sides and back are pressed cane. Thank you.

These were called cane back sofas and were manufactured in the 1920s in this style.  Originally there would have been a rocker of couple of chairs with the parlor set.

Usually made in walnut, sometimes mahogany, more often of sweet gum or tulip poplar and stained dark to replicate walnut.

hope this is what you needed.

depending on the condition they sell between 750-1100 in good shops.  condition is everything.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.