Antique Furniture/antique sofa

Question
couch front view
couch front view  

couch from back
couch from back  
I was wondering if you know from what period this sofa is from and what it's value might be. My mother bought the sofa from an antique furniture store around 1964. The cushions are feather and kapok filled. My mother had the cushions recovered in the 70s. The sofa sides and back are pressed cane. Thank you.

Answer
These were called cane back sofas and were manufactured in the 1920s in this style.  Originally there would have been a rocker of couple of chairs with the parlor set.

Usually made in walnut, sometimes mahogany, more often of sweet gum or tulip poplar and stained dark to replicate walnut.

thanks

hope this is what you needed.

depending on the condition they sell between 750-1100 in good shops.  condition is everything.

Antique Furniture

robert klein