Antique Furniture/Curious about an armoire

Full armoire
Full armoire  

Ring pulls
Ring pulls  
Good morning Mr Klein,
Michelline here!  I have what I think is an Armoire that my neighbors were getting rid of after redoing their houswse. I wasn't able to ask a whole lot of questions when I got it so maybe you can help. First would you have any idea on an age of the piece? I have looked up so many list of time periods and their furniture styles but haven't really seen anything to compare...there is something handwritten in pencil maybe on the back but it's faded and I can't read it and the hardware is all original. That's all I got lol what do you think?
Thanks in advance for your always helpful 2 cents!!

You have what is called a scrubbed pine armoire imported from the UK or Belgium.

These are made to look older than they are and have been produced from the 1930s to now.  Without looking in person it is difficult to date these as the wood used is quite often old wood salvaged from other furniture often combined with new lumber, pine, or deal as pine is sometimes called in Europe.  It is a huge business in Europe.

That does not make it bad, these sell between 450 and 900 in stores.

a good save on your part.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.