Antique Furniture/Jamestown Table Company Dresser

Question
Jamestown stamp
Jamestown stamp  

Dresser
Dresser  
George,
We are in the process of downsizing our belongings in preparation for a cross-country move. We were cleaning out one of our dressers to list it for sale online when I was surprised to discover a Jamestown Table Company Taylor Made stamp in the top drawer. We believe this dresser has been refurbished as the hardware is not very attractive, to say the least, it appears the finish has been redone, and we think the top has had formica applied to it, after the fact.
My husband acquired this dresser in 1978 at a garage sale.
What can you tell us about this dresser and a potential value?
Thanks for your time! Renee & Patrick

Answer
Hi Renee,

Your tall chest is of a modest quality manufacturer. The replacement hardware looks like it
belongs on a kitchen cabinet and not a piece of furniture.

As for potential value and finish issues the chest would have a minimal value of $50. to
$75. Not exactly a piece someone would be looking to place in their home.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III