Antique Furniture/Jamestown Table Company Dresser

Jamestown stamp
Jamestown stamp  

We are in the process of downsizing our belongings in preparation for a cross-country move. We were cleaning out one of our dressers to list it for sale online when I was surprised to discover a Jamestown Table Company Taylor Made stamp in the top drawer. We believe this dresser has been refurbished as the hardware is not very attractive, to say the least, it appears the finish has been redone, and we think the top has had formica applied to it, after the fact.
My husband acquired this dresser in 1978 at a garage sale.
What can you tell us about this dresser and a potential value?
Thanks for your time! Renee & Patrick

Hi Renee,

Your tall chest is of a modest quality manufacturer. The replacement hardware looks like it
belongs on a kitchen cabinet and not a piece of furniture.

As for potential value and finish issues the chest would have a minimal value of $50. to
$75. Not exactly a piece someone would be looking to place in their home.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.