Antique Furniture/Platform Rocker identification...

Platform rocker front
Platform rocker front  

Platform rocker back
Platform rocker back  
Hello! I just purchased a platform rocker and am trying to get more information on it. Can you tell me what era it is from, what kind of wood it is, and what the possible value of it is as well as any other pertinent information you can provide? I can send you more photos if necessary.

Thanks so much!

Hi Karen,

Your Victorian Platform Rocker dates to the 1880's and appears to be crafted
out of Walnut. I feel the value range is $350. to $425.
Victorian furniture values are soft at the present time so you will need
to negotiate a selling price.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.