Antique Furniture/Rocking chair

Rocking chair
Rocking chair  

Rocking chair
Rocking chair  
I'm searching for any history/information about this rocking chair. It was passed onto me when I was young from my great aunt and uncle. The only thing they told my parents about the chair was to not get rid of it. Any possible info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

manufactured in the 1900-1920s in the Empire style.  Wood is birch stained mahogany to match the top crest which is mahogany veneer.

bedroom rocker or slipper rocker.

not sure what you wanted to know.  Cant tell the manufacturer without a label as there were about 5000 in operation at the time.  writing on bottom was put there by workers in the factory to designate part or style or stain.

it is an heirloom so you must keep it.  retail value about 200.

hope this helps  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.