Antique Furniture/Table and Chairs

Question
Table and chairs
Table and chairs  

Close chair
Close chair  
Hello,

I just purchased this (what I think is beautiful) table and chairs and know nothing about them at all!  If I could find out the style and approximate date, that would be wonderful.  

Thank you for your time.

Answer
This is a 1920s representation of the Jacobean style.  This and other similar sets are often called Colonial Revival style as well.

The finish is the original finish although there is some veneer decoration missing in the chair bck that is to be expected.

Before you jump into refinishing, buy dark brown Briwax the toluene free type and wax everything.  the results will amaze you.

hope this helps

thanks  

Antique Furniture

robert klein