Antique Furniture/Table and Chairs

Table and chairs
Table and chairs  

Close chair
Close chair  

I just purchased this (what I think is beautiful) table and chairs and know nothing about them at all!  If I could find out the style and approximate date, that would be wonderful.  

Thank you for your time.

This is a 1920s representation of the Jacobean style.  This and other similar sets are often called Colonial Revival style as well.

The finish is the original finish although there is some veneer decoration missing in the chair bck that is to be expected.

Before you jump into refinishing, buy dark brown Briwax the toluene free type and wax everything.  the results will amaze you.

hope this helps

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.