Antique Furniture/vintage Kindel Chinoiserie breakfront

breakfront II
breakfront II  
I recently acquired this Kindel breakfront and have been unable to find a current value or any information on it. I think it's from the 1970's. The condition is excellent. It's made of cherry veneers and solids. I have the original catalog of  "The China Trade Collection", (which I have forwarded the photo from), because it was easier to see what the whole cabinet looked like. I can send photos of the actual cabinet if needed. The color is a dark orange red. I want to sell this, so any help in pricing or suggestions for avenues to sell would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Hi Linda,

I feel that your Breakfront was produced in the 1970's. In today's current market
there are not many buyers out there for Breakfronts especially ones that are decorated.
Today's younger buyers do not appreciate this style like the original buyers once did.
A realistic value for this piece would be in the $750. to $900. range.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.