Antique Furniture/Vintage Wooden Desk Side Drawer Locks

On back of drawer
On back of drawer  
I recently received a vintage wooden desk.  The top middle drawer activates moving parts (spring loaded) to lock and unlock the side drawers.  The problem---the metal pieces on the back of the drawers are missing.  I found another  wooden desk (at Goodwill) that uses the same locking technique and took a picture of the metal piece I need (See Attached Picture); however, I can not find them and don't know what they are called.  Any help, in identifying and giving me any information as to what to ask for,will be more than appreciated.  Thank you, in advance, for your assistance in this matter.

Hi John,

I am not aware of a company that would stock the part that you are looking for.

Since it is a simple enough piece to fabricate, my advise would be to contact a
company like Ball & Ball in Pa. that can make the piece for you.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.