Antique Furniture/Windsor Chair

Windsor Chair
Windsor Chair  

Windsor chair
Windsor chair  
Hi Robert
I bought this windsor chair, at least I believe that is the style, and am interested on any information that you might be able to provide. I have never seen any with the arm rest as this one. Is it possible to identify year and there is a letter P on the back of the seat, any idea what that might mean. I also have additional pics if needed.
Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Thanks for the pictures.  The letter stamped could be a manufacturers mark but is more likely the initial of a previous owner.  I belie this to be built in teh 1920s as the dolphins head was popularly renewed at that time.

hope this helps

send pictures to my eamil as attachments to one email.  back underneath any markings

any chair in which the top or upper posts stop at the seat is technically a windsor chair.  the better styles of windsor chair are similar to yours, they have many names, hoop back, comb back, brace back, and on.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.