Antique Furniture/1940-50's Small Desk

My wife received a small wooden desk from her grandparents. It's been in storage for eight years. I'm thinking it might be a child's desk. It is not very ornate and the finish seems like a simple stain, no gloss or lacquer.It is solid wood, but not heavy - the ply is quite thin.I couldn't find any markings or labels, except 447 mogh. or migh. written under the middle drawer. It could have been written by someone other than a manufacturer.

Hi Joe,

Your desk is giving an appearance that it has be refinished. It is not what I would
consider a quality piece of furniture with its simple box-like construction.

As far as a value is concerned, $125. to $150.

Best Wishes,
George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.