Antique Furniture/Antique trunk

QUESTION: I'm having difficulty researching the history of this steamer trunk, I think it's from the 1800s, it's metal embossed.

ANSWER: I have looked at a few hundred pictures trying to find the label to tell you the maker but have not been successful.  I have seen it before and remembered it as it is a spectacular label, and trunk.

they are made in the 1885-1900 time.
they are also referred to as camel back and hump back trunks.  also stagecoach trunks although many sited picture different types on stagecoaches but if you look at old real pictures you see these on the top of coaches.

what did you want to know?thanks

QUESTION: Specifically the history of the manufacturer. Perhaps I can track the trunk's journey...?i live in Canada, but that probably doesn't make a difference.

Unfortunately we do not know the manufacturer at this point.
You cannot track its journey based on that.  where an how did you acquire the trunk.  perhaps we can work back from there.

I will keep looking for the actual manufacturers name.  please do the same.  between the two of us we will find out what the letters stand for.
That will be the first step to finding out.

many, actually most, companies that made trunks were also in the saddle and harness business, leather business, some morphed into luggage businesses, and other related lines.

it might take some time but we will find out!

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.