Antique Furniture/chair

chair 2
chair 2  
QUESTION: hi, I have a chair here that I have no idea about (type, $ / worth) Can you please let me know what you think? Thank you SO much for your generous answer.

ANSWER: Hi Donna,

Your chair is commonly referred to as a Federal Lolling Chair. This particular style of
chair has been made for a number of years by various companies making it difficult
to say who the maker is. I feel it dates to  the 1960's.

Since the chair appears to be in good condition with it's leather in tack, I would
place a value of $375. to $425. on it.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

QUESTION: thank you!
uh oh, I paid $1200 for it! :( I hope I didn't get ripped off...It was a very reputable upholsterer that sold it to me.... oh well, there are no markings on it to know when it was made/by who.
thanks again!

Hi Donna,

It appears to be a quality chair and you might have paid a high price but
it is by far of a better quality that what you could buy in a furniture store today.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.