Antique Furniture/chair

Question
chair 2
chair 2  
chair
chair  
QUESTION: hi, I have a chair here that I have no idea about (type, $ / worth) Can you please let me know what you think? Thank you SO much for your generous answer.

ANSWER: Hi Donna,

Your chair is commonly referred to as a Federal Lolling Chair. This particular style of
chair has been made for a number of years by various companies making it difficult
to say who the maker is. I feel it dates to  the 1960's.

Since the chair appears to be in good condition with it's leather in tack, I would
place a value of $375. to $425. on it.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

QUESTION: thank you!
uh oh, I paid $1200 for it! :( I hope I didn't get ripped off...It was a very reputable upholsterer that sold it to me.... oh well, there are no markings on it to know when it was made/by who.
thanks again!
Donna

Answer
Hi Donna,

It appears to be a quality chair and you might have paid a high price but
it is by far of a better quality that what you could buy in a furniture store today.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III