Antique Furniture/Credenza / Sideboard

Question
Credenza / Sideboard ?
Credenza / Sideboard ?  

Credenza / Sideboard
Credenza / Sideboard  
Hello! The expert can't answer your question.

Your Question was:

Hey Robert,
I just purchased this credenza - sideboard from Goodwill for $29.00. I'm in the proscess of finding some matching handles to match the missing ones. I've done an online search to the best of my limited ability, but have not found this particular one or one even close. I'm guessing it's oak ?  I'm hoping to find out the age, wood and approximate value. I've looked underneath, on the back and inside, but cannot find a makers mark. Hopefully you can help me. Thank you so very much.
Carrie Hobbs

Following is the reason:

please use the followup function and post two pictures of the item.
I cannot help without pictures.

thanks

Expert: robert klein

If you'd like to ask another question in the category, please come to http://www.allexperts.com/el/Antique-Furniture/

This message is sent by an auto responder and cannot process replies.

Thanks,
Allexperts.com

Answer
This is an Art Deco style made in the 1920s and 30s. It most likely is American but it can also be from the UK or Belgium. You will not find replacement hardware for the door. You'll have to have the metal cast and you will have to have The wood pieces made. It is Oak and oak veneer. That is how they were made.  And a retail shop it would have a price of $450 after cleaning and waxing and everything intact.

I hope this is what you need.
Thank you

Antique Furniture

robert klein