Antique Furniture/Federal Quality Buffet

federal quality buffet front
federal quality buffet  

buffet stickers on back
buffet stickers on bac  
Hello Mr. Harrison and thank you for any help,

We have what I believe is an antique buffet. I can find very little info on it specifically however. On the back there are two stickers that have survived. One states the model number (I believe) the other is a "Federal Quality" sticker. I cannot tell if this is a manufacturer or just some sort of implied quality assurance.  There are faint names/signatures written in what could almost be crayon or chalk but otherwise no markings that I can find inside our out.  Very happy to provide more photos.  We picked this up at a local sale and thought it would be good to know if there is any history to the piece.  We are in SW Michigan if that offers any clues.  Thanks again.

Hi Scott,

Your sideboard is not in the Federal style, but is a take off of the Jacobean style.
Most likely made in the 1920's. It is not a desirable model making the value at
$175. to $225.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.