Antique Furniture/Kittinger Side Table

Question
Front View
Front View  

Side View
Side View  
Hello,

Yesterday I purchased this Kittinger table. Top is an embossed floral leather design with signs of wear and tear. (Story told was someone had their Emmys on this table and I found it has a few rings embedded in the leather.) Wooden legs are in very good shape. Sides have all large studs attached. Kittinger stamp is gold 'hexigon' that reads Kittinger Buffalo Worth While Furniture since 1866. Not sure if I want to sell the piece, I loved it before knowing it was a Kittinger, but would consider. Interested in learning more about it's history, if you could help. Thanks. Sherra

Answer
Hi Sherra,

Your Kittinger console table was made in the 1920's.  I can tell you that the story
about the marks in the leather for Emmy's does  not add to it's value.

While it is a beautiful table it is not the style that most Kittinger furniture buyers
are  looking for these days. The pieces that the Kittinger company made for Colonial
Williamsburg,starting in 1937 through 1990 are the pieces that are sought after today.

As for value, with the leather in good order, pricing would be in the $600. to $750.range.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/  KITTINGER

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III