Antique Furniture/Low table

Table angle
Table angle  
This is a heavy table that I can tell (from underneath) has been altered/pieced - - note the strange cut in the middle, and that oak inlay was most certainly added.  Purchased approx 25 years ago.  Table is only approx 25" tall and deep, but about 65" long.  Curious possible origin (church?), and wood.

large table
large table  
this was most likely a library desk, courtroom desk, refectory table, or a longer dining table altered into what you have.  not only was is lowered but it was shortened.

hard to be positive without personal inspection.

looks like it was made around 1880, originally.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.