Antique Furniture/Mahogany Williamsburg style Drop-Front Desk

Drop-Front Desk
Drop-Front Desk  

Drop-Front Desk Maker\'s Mark
Drop-Front Desk Maker'  
Hi! I got this dropfront desk, and I've been able to conclude it's very likely Burmese rosewood and made in Thailand, but not much more. I found a stamp well hidden behind one of the drawers, of three elephants inside a triangle and some writing I can't make out.
I would love to know who's the maker, possible age of the desk, value, etc.
Thank you so much!  :)

Hi Matt,

Your desk appears to be made out of mahogany, not Rosewood.

You will find it interesting that this desk is copied from
a Williamsburg desk that was produced by  the Kittinger Furniture Co.
in the 1960's. (see link)
There is nothing I can tell you about the company that made it. There
is no information to support them.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.