Antique Furniture/Quality of Kitchen Table, solid wood vs veneer? Other info?

table outside
table outside  

table inside
table inside  
Hello, I am in the market for a kitchen table and really like this piece.  It seems to have a Walter of Walbash leaf expansion track (looks to have a older patina in the metal), I am curious given your expertise if you believe this is a solid wood or possibly solid wood with veneer?  Possible age of piece?  Type of wood? Who made it?  Does the pedestal for the age match the type of pedestal a maker would have done?  Seller claims to be older piece/possible mid-century.   

It will be an everyday table for us, and before making the trip to get it, wanted to know if it appeared to be quality.  Given the patina of the track but the table looks newer (possible refinish?)  Interested in your thoughts.  Appreciate it

Hi Joseph,

You table appears to be a reproduction of an earlier style Victorian table.
From what I can see in your photos the table appears to be in Oak veneer.
Check the inside edge of the top for veneering.
Looking at the screws and hardware I feel the table could have been made
about 25 years ago. Perhaps an import.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.