Antique Furniture/Rolling Bar

rolling bar
rolling bar  

rolling bar
rolling bar  
I purchased this bar around 1977 from the son of the original owner.
It came with the glasses as show, some of which are missing.
all the glasses with the exception of the small wine glasses on the top shelf bear the mark of the Federal Glass company.
The finish appears to be cheery. The outside show it's age but the inside is in good condition. The bottom half locks and the key is with it. It rolls easily on four hidden casters. I wasn't able to find any marking but I think it came from the Cambridge MA area.

I am curious to know what style it is and value if possible.

This is more of a Deco style from the 1930s.  the wood appears to be a mahogany veneer.  case structure or frame wood is probably sweet gum.  No cherry, you cant go by color alone but in the frame sweet gum is most often used.

very interesting piece that would sell in a shop at 450-650$ easily.  an insurance replacement should be around 1000$.

nice piece and with the glasses even better.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.