Antique Furniture/Antique Chair

Question
Wood Carved Leather Studded Chair
Wood Carved Leather St  

Wood Carved Leather Studded Chair
Wood Carved Leather St  
Hi!  I am interested in knowing the mfg, era, wood type, and the value of two of these chairs.

Thanks!

Answer
use the followup function and post two clear close pictures of the wood so i can see the grain for identification.

thanks

rest;
chair is of the eastlake victorian style made around 1885.  as to the manufacturer, there were about 5000 in operation at the time so without a label no one can tell you which one.

please turn the chair upside down and see if there are a series of about 1/8 inch diameter holes drilled around the perimeter of the seat opening.

thanks

Antique Furniture

robert klein