Antique Furniture/Antique Chair Braces

Question
Chair Braces
Chair Braces  

Picture of the whole chair
Picture of the whole c  
I have been refinishing antiques as a hobby for almost 5 years and have had a number of chair projects. But I have never seen chair braces like the ones in the photos.

Any information you can provide on this type of brace would be appreciated. Does it indicate the chairs are from Europe?

Thank you.

Gary

Answer
Hi Gary,

I have never seen this type of joinery before but looking at the chair it
is obvious that they are poor quality mass produced pieces, not antique.
Very little handwork involved to be produced to a price. Sad!  Value $10. to $20.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III