Antique Furniture/Two-drawer Drop Leaf Card Table

Game table drawers extended
Game table drawers ext  

Game table leaves extended
Game table leaves exte  
What is the estimated value of this piece?

Based on some internet research, this looks like a piece from Davis-Putnam in Grand Rapids, MI (1912-1920).  Although mine has no markings or labels to indicate that.

All the similar tables I've seen online have one drawer.  Mine has two drawers.  

Thank you for your help.

These are from the around the 1920s as you suggest.  However, there were about 5000 furniture manufacturers in operation at the time and this could have been made by any one of hundreds.  As you mention there is no label so there is no way to ever be certain of the origin.  If you were to view a hundred catalogs looking for this table you would fine many manufacturers making the exact same one and even more making similar ones with minor differences.

They are called gate leg tables and were sold as kitchen tables in catalogs but the usage is not limited to the advertisements.  Over the years we have restored many of these as families passed them down.  Some are quite large and elaborate to be used a dining room tables and may are smaller like yours.

Generally the wood used will be sweet gum, tulip poplar, mahogany or walnut.  The majority were stained dark to resemble a dark mahogany color or a walnut color.

hope this helps.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.