Antique Furniture/Maddox Desk pattern # 4647

Company tag
Company tag  

Top, front of desk
Top, front of desk  
I am trying to establish approximate value. The Tag under the center drawer clearly states Maddox Tables Jamestown, NY. There is an emblem with an Ox standing on top of it. I know it predates 1960. Minor scratches on the top.

Hi Sheri,

Your Maddox knee-hole desk dates to around 1940. The Maddox Furniture Co. made
moderately priced furniture thus the resale values tend to be on the low side.
With the large amount of mahogany furniture that is coming to the market most
shoppers are looking for brands of higher quality.

I value the desk at a range of $250. to $275.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.