Antique Furniture/Oak French Arm Chair Broken Leg

French Chair
French Chair  

Broken Leg
Broken Leg  
Hi Robert,

I have a gorgeous Oak French Arm Chair with a broken front left leg. It happened during shipping and I was wondering if you could give me some advice on the best way to repair this. Pictures of chair and broken leg attached.

This needs to go to a competent restorer, this is not a home project.  To be repaired properly you must use teh proper glue and it must fit perfectly then once glued in place some proper bracing should be glued in place as well.

The shipper should pay for the job to be done.  who was the shipper?

where are you located.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.