Antique Furniture/Oak French Arm Chair Broken Leg

Question
French Chair
French Chair  

Broken Leg
Broken Leg  
Hi Robert,

I have a gorgeous Oak French Arm Chair with a broken front left leg. It happened during shipping and I was wondering if you could give me some advice on the best way to repair this. Pictures of chair and broken leg attached.

Answer
This needs to go to a competent restorer, this is not a home project.  To be repaired properly you must use teh proper glue and it must fit perfectly then once glued in place some proper bracing should be glued in place as well.

The shipper should pay for the job to be done.  who was the shipper?

where are you located.

Antique Furniture

robert klein