Antique Furniture/old trunk

Question
after
after  
before
before  
QUESTION: I am restoring this old trunk and would like to know the approximate age of it and if you may know anything else about it
thanks much
Lori

ANSWER: You did a great job on this humpback trunk.  most overdo these but you did it as it should be.  does it have the tray inside??

these were manufactured around 1880-90.

what else would you like to know??

QUESTION: Thanks for the compliment I had no idea what I was doing. It did have a tray but I guess it was removed we are not sure if we will replace it.  It does have a small box on the lid. I guess I would like to know if it has any value and it's origin.
Thanks much

Answer
There were many trunk manufacturers.  Without a label there would be no way to determine which one made this one.  Any labels were usually on the inside of the top.  You might have fun researching all the manufactures online.  Lots of wonderful information is available.

These sell at all different pricing depending on the condition both original and restored.  When restored to the original, price are usually 800 or so online.  To have one in pristine condition unrestored is unusual as hese were meant to be used and once past their utility were most often retired to basements and attics.

Unrestored pristine usually is same pricing as pristine restored.

Antique Furniture

robert klein