Antique Furniture/Shower Brothers Bedroom Set

Shower Brothers Set
Shower Brothers Set  

I have inherited my mother's dresser set that has been in the family for many decades.  It is a Shower Brothers dresser with round mirror and a chest of drawers.  It is beautiful, but the finish needs to be restored and two wheels need to be reattached.  All original hardware. Refinishing estimates were way out of my budget. Do you know approximately what year these are from and how much I could ask for them, as is?

Hi Kathleen,

Your Shower Brothers Bedroom Set was most likely produced in the 1940's to 1950.

Due to the veneer loss you are right that the restoration costs will be high
and not worth attempting due to the value of the pieces.

The value would be in the range of  $200. to $250. for each piece.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.