Antique Furniture/Shower Brothers Bedroom Set

Question
Shower Brothers Set
Shower Brothers Set  

Brand
Brand  
I have inherited my mother's dresser set that has been in the family for many decades.  It is a Shower Brothers dresser with round mirror and a chest of drawers.  It is beautiful, but the finish needs to be restored and two wheels need to be reattached.  All original hardware. Refinishing estimates were way out of my budget. Do you know approximately what year these are from and how much I could ask for them, as is?

Answer
Hi Kathleen,

Your Shower Brothers Bedroom Set was most likely produced in the 1940's to 1950.

Due to the veneer loss you are right that the restoration costs will be high
and not worth attempting due to the value of the pieces.

The value would be in the range of  $200. to $250. for each piece.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III