Antique Furniture/Taylor Swivel Oak Desk Chair

Question
name plate
name plate  

front of chair
front of chair  
I'm interested in understanding the value of an old Taylor swivel desk chair that my husband's father used in the 1950's.  It could be much older than that, I don't know he passed away in 1970 and no one else in the family knows anything about it.  It's in great condition.

Answer
check here also
http://www.bedfordohiohistory.org/build/taylor.php

it appears that the chair is birch wood and has been re-finished at some time.

Looks like it is from the 1920-30s and is one of the better forms for armless swivel desk chairs.

In the condition shown this could sell in a shop at 450 reasonably.

Antique Furniture

robert klein