Antique Furniture/Taylor Swivel Oak Desk Chair

name plate
name plate  

front of chair
front of chair  
I'm interested in understanding the value of an old Taylor swivel desk chair that my husband's father used in the 1950's.  It could be much older than that, I don't know he passed away in 1970 and no one else in the family knows anything about it.  It's in great condition.

check here also

it appears that the chair is birch wood and has been re-finished at some time.

Looks like it is from the 1920-30s and is one of the better forms for armless swivel desk chairs.

In the condition shown this could sell in a shop at 450 reasonably.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.