Antique Furniture/Widdicomb desk year/style?

Question
Desk/vanity
Desk/vanity  

Mark
Mark  
Hello,

I was wondering if you could tell me when this desk/vanity might have been made and what time period inspired the design and maybe what it would be worth now? I found a receipt behind one of the drawers dated 1945/1950 for some silverware that was purchased. Very surprised to find it.

Any information would be great.

Appreciative,

Nancy

Answer
Hi Nancy,

Your Widdicomb Desk/vanity was most likely made in the 1920's. The design is inspired
from the Jacobean period, a style that was quite popular in the 1920's with the number
of English style houses that were being built at that time period.

In today's market this particular style has been somewhat out of favor, giving it a
value of $250. to $275.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III