Antique Furniture/cabinet

cabinet damage
cabinet damage  
I found this cabinet for sale and am wondering what the value may be. It does need some restoration, it is missing the magnet/latch inside the cabinet to keep the door closed. No broken glass, has wooden shelves. I couldn't find the makers mark/tag, but will return to look on the back to see if it is there and take a picture if one is present. The shelves for this are located on top in the pictures. Also is there supposed to be mirrors on the bottom back wall below the top mirror and what kind of cabinet is this? I would like to know what I should pay for it in its current condition and what it would be worth once it is professionally restored.

Hi Kelly,

If I were you I would be running away for his cabinet. To properly restore this
piece would cost more than the value at completion and that is not including
the cost to purchase it. Also if I am correct the shelves on top do not appear
to be the original shelves. Also I am not sure what the plywood is all about
in the rear.

In short, if you got it for free you would have far more money invested than
what it would be worth. Perhaps $150. to $175.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.