Antique Furniture/evaluation of Antique table

Table with chairs
Table with chairs  

two leaves
two leaves  
I have a Robbins oak dining table approx. 4' x 4' with rounded corners, 5 legs, 4 chairs and two leaves
It has a pocket for the leaves and can accommodate 6
It has been lovingly cared for and thus in excellent condition
I would like to sell it but have no idea what price to ask

very nice oak table, it is a shame that some of the leaves are missing.   

The price would depend on the selling venue, a shop would, in my area, sell this at 850-1000 as it sits and 150-200 each for the chairs.

As a private seller, selling to an individual, you should be able to get 1000-1250 for the table and chairs.  To a dealer less and if it is sold at a consignment shop they will get most of the money since they tend to sell at a high consignment fee.  Understandably so but still in the 50% range.

I am assuming that the able nad chairs are tight with no or little wobble.

You should check around your area to see what similar tables are priced at and compare the quality.  Yours is made by a company known for making good tables.

hope this helps

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.