Antique Furniture/Hathaway Dresser

Hathaway Dresser
Hathaway Dresser  
Could you please tell me the value of this dresser?  My husband wants to throw it out, but I saw the Hathaway label inside one of the drawers and thought it might be an antique.  It does have a little damage to the outside of one of the drawers as you can see in the photo.
Thank you.

Hi Maureen,

Your Hathaway French style while not an antique, most likely was made in the 1950's.
It also appears to have more issues than just the one drawer.  I feel  due to its
overall condition and lacking good form its value would be $50.  Your husband was
not far off.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.