Antique Furniture/Pennsylvania House hutch

Hutch 1
Hutch 1  

Mark 1
Mark 1  
Good evening Mr. Harrison,

I'm writing to find out more about the China hutch in the attached pictures. It was a gift from my father to my mother in the late 70's (I think). The only mark I can find is the one burned into the side of the right hand drawer. I am not able to find this same style in my own searches & I'd love to know anything about it as well as the value, if any.

Thank you for your time,

Hi Jennie,

What you have is a highly stylized Pennsylvania step-back cupboard.
Since it is stylized and not a true reproduction its value is negatively affected.
I place a value of $225. to $250 on it.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.