Antique Furniture/Pennsylvania House hutch

Question
Hutch 1
Hutch 1  

Mark 1
Mark 1  
Good evening Mr. Harrison,

I'm writing to find out more about the China hutch in the attached pictures. It was a gift from my father to my mother in the late 70's (I think). The only mark I can find is the one burned into the side of the right hand drawer. I am not able to find this same style in my own searches & I'd love to know anything about it as well as the value, if any.

Thank you for your time,
Jennie

Answer
Hi Jennie,

What you have is a highly stylized Pennsylvania step-back cupboard.
Since it is stylized and not a true reproduction its value is negatively affected.
I place a value of $225. to $250 on it.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III