Antique Furniture/Antique Desk

Drawer Pull Closeup
Drawer Pull Closeup  
I purchased this desk at a thrift store years ago. I have no idea about the origin or age. My wife wants to redo it, but we wanted to make sure we didn't destroy a valuable antique.  There is a partial makers mark which I can provide, but I could only attach 2 pictures. Thank you.

Hi Jeremy,

I would not be too concerned about destroying the value of the desk since
it would not be of any great value. A desk such as yours if it were at
auction would sell between $50. to $75. It is in the Jacobean style which
is not very popular these days.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.