Antique Furniture/antique dresser

Question
antique dresser
antique dresser  
I recently bought this dresser from a private owner who had no information about it. On the back, its been stamped in Black ink that says "Black Diamond Inc., 206 Lexington Avenue, NY, NY".  I cannot find any info on a furniture manufacturing company by that name in NY. Where can I find informayion about this company and about this dresser?  Thank you!!!!

Answer
Both these companies listed the address as manufacturing.  It was not uncommon then, 1910-20s, as now, to have more than one company under the umbrella of another company.
Levinson Mfg. Co.  206 Lexington avenue
Universal Chair Co.  206 Lexington avenue

Black Diamond is most likely a retail outlet at the same location or the umbrella company of the two manufacturers.

the dresser is from the 1920s and is called colonial revival in style as at that time much furniture was made to reminisce the past as things became more affluent.

most of what i see in mahogany veneer although the light area could be maple, ash, or another white wood for decoration.

what else did you want to know.

thanks, you can use the followup function to ask more so the thread will remain intact.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein