Antique Furniture/Antique West End Furniture Company Dining Room Set

Table & Chairs
Table & Chairs  
I am interested in selling my dining room set - table, 6 chairs, buffet and china cabinet.  The label says West End Furniture Company, Rockford, Illinois.  The wood appears to be burled walnut.  The set is is very good condition.  Even though the upholstery on the chairs is a bit bright, it is in very good condition.  The table has 2 leaves (not original to the set) that extend it out to 96" and it's 44" wide.  The buffet is 74"wide, 23" deep and 38" tall.  The china has a locking glass door and 2 lower doors.  I had an offer several years ago for $12,000 for the set but wasn't ready to sell.  Now, I am downsizing and need to let it find a new home.  Can you give me an idea of it's value?  Thank you in advance.

Hi Cindy,

The old saying that hindsight is 20/20 holds true with your dining set.
The values for these pieces have come down considerably.

I feel the value in today's marketplace is in the range of $2,250. to $2,500.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.