Antique Furniture/Antique West End Furniture Company Dining Room Set

Question
Buffet
Buffet  

Table & Chairs
Table & Chairs  
I am interested in selling my dining room set - table, 6 chairs, buffet and china cabinet.  The label says West End Furniture Company, Rockford, Illinois.  The wood appears to be burled walnut.  The set is is very good condition.  Even though the upholstery on the chairs is a bit bright, it is in very good condition.  The table has 2 leaves (not original to the set) that extend it out to 96" and it's 44" wide.  The buffet is 74"wide, 23" deep and 38" tall.  The china has a locking glass door and 2 lower doors.  I had an offer several years ago for $12,000 for the set but wasn't ready to sell.  Now, I am downsizing and need to let it find a new home.  Can you give me an idea of it's value?  Thank you in advance.

Answer
Hi Cindy,

The old saying that hindsight is 20/20 holds true with your dining set.
The values for these pieces have come down considerably.

I feel the value in today's marketplace is in the range of $2,250. to $2,500.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III